Monday, July 5, 2010

July 5, 2010

Wow~ well anyway, so as you know I started on Meridia on July 1st. So today is July 5th. I feel great! As you probably know I have been super worried about the side effects.

The first day I had a little dry mouth and felt a little "spacey".

Day 2, I felt great but still wanted to eat. Still dealt with a very mild dry mouth and quite tired. Drinking a LOT which is good. So the dry mouth is actually a blessing as I have always needed to drink more.

Day 3 I was very tired but felt good. Noticed my weight was the same as the starting day, so thinking it would probably just take time to set in.

Yesterday (Day 4) I noticed that my constipation has come back with a vengeance. I finally was able to go, but went out and bought a ton of prunes, veggies and fruits, not to mention fiber bars and cranberry juice. I have always had consitpation since my thyroidectomy, and only recently had it under control with stool softeners, until I started this medication, of which constipation is also a side effect. But I was aware of this, so now I have to probably start my Metamucil again along with the prunes and stool softeners. Pretty sad too, considering when I weighed first thing in the morning I was DOWN 2.5 LBS!!! Woo! It is starting!!!

Today is day 5. I am super pleased to only have the constipation issues and mild dry mouth, compared to some who have terrible side effects from Meridia. This morning I lost yet another .5lb. So in 5 days I have lost 3 lbs. WOW! That is great!!! All the reviews I have read are averaging about 10 lbs a month, so I might just hit that!

I have noticed yesterday and today as well, that I have an upset stomache when I eat so perhaps I am finally feeling that 'full feeling' only, it is after I eat, not during or before. SO I will just have to cut my portions in half. I really want to stay at 1200 calories, but I am lucky to eat 600 - 800 calories a day. They say that isn't good for you, but when you aren't hungry, it is hard to force yourself to eat.

Hubby and I are going on our honeymoon in December so I hope to lose at least 50 lbs by then. That would be WONDERFUL!!!

Anyway, so far so good on the Meridia. Like I said I was really concerned about taking it because of the deadly side effects, but I am taking my pulse regularly and will monitor my blood pressure often. So far pulse is staying right around 72 to 80. Perfect! Don't feel any palpitations or heart racing, but since I started with low blood pressure, Meridia may just raise mine to a "normal" level. Hopefully I won't have to deal with the side effects of hypertension or tachycardia anytime soon. I am just glad I don't have the horrid headaches that others have dealt with using Meridia! I am truly blessed~

Will keep you updated! Wheeee, I am finally losing weight! 8 lbs to date (5 lbs in 6 weeks before and 3 lbs in 5 days now) Love it!!! :) Back to the gym tomorrow. Hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July!!!

Oh and I found FitDay today. Am excited to get started with that. :)

to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment